Friday, September 17, 2010

Food for thought and another reason you should never step foot in a river ever again evereverever.

"Hands Held High"

Turn my mic up louder I got to say something
Light weights step to the side when we come in

Feel it in your chest the syllables get pumping
People on the street they panic and start running

Words on loose leaf sheet complete coming
I jump in my mind and summon the rhyme, I'm dumping

Healing the blind I promise to let the sun in
Sick of the dark ways we march to the drum and

Jump when they tell us that they wanna see jumping
F*ck that I wanna see some fists pumping

Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something that you know they might attack you for

Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before
Like it's stupid standing for what I'm standing for

Like this war's really just a different brand of war
Like it doesn't cater the rich and abandon poor

Like they understand you in the back of the jet
When you can't put gas in your tank

These f*ckers are laughing their way to the bank and cashing the check
Asking you to have compassion and show some respect

For a leader so nervous in an obvious way
Stuttering and mumbling for nightly news to replay

And the rest of the world watching at the end of the day
In their living room laughing like "what did he say?"

[Chorus:]
Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen

In my living room watching but I am not laughing
Cause when it gets tense I know what might happen

World is cold the bold men take action
Have to react or get blown into fractions

Ten years old it's something to see
Another kid my age drugged under a jeep

Taken and bound and found later under a tree
I wonder if he had thought the next one could be me

Do you see the soldiers they're out today
They brush the dust from bullet proof vests away

It's ironic at times like this you pray
But a bomb blew the mosque up yesterday

There's bombs in the buses, bikes, roads
Inside your market, your shops, your clothes

My dad he's got a lot of fear I know
But enough pride inside not to let that show

My brother had a book he would hold with pride
A little red cover with a broken spine

On the back, he hand-wrote a quote inside
When the rich wage war it's the poor who die

Meanwhile, the leader just talks away
Stuttering and mumbling for nightly news to replay

And the rest of the world watching at the end of the day
both scared and angry like "what did he say?"

[Chorus x6]

[x6]
With hands held high into the sky so blue,
As the ocean opens up to swallow you. 
 
Linkin Park, Hands Held High. I have the song on the playlist down at the bottom. I know, serious to not serious to serious again. Well, for one thing, it's time for some initiative. We get it. Obama's black. That's great, but when he made that big speech back in '08, he promised 28 things. He only has 2 more years til his time is up and he's gonna have to start fighting again. Were it up to me, there wouldn't be world leaders. We'd just start over from scratch, maybe try some different things like giving fun and happy people power. Then we'd be a lot more peaceful because when the leaders are happy, friendly, and content, what reason do we have for war? But instead we elect the crazies. Or the crazies step up like the crazy people they are and nobody says anything. Yes, people would get hurt, but if it was the right thing to do, wouldn't it be worth it? Isn't it always worth it when it's the right thing for everyone? No innocent person is expendable, of course, but I digress. A rant will ensue if I go on, believe you me.
On a lighter note, I get to visit la madre on Sunday and I'm pee-mah-panteloons excited. And I have finished some art projects and got new batteries for my camera. 

AND when we were out driving today, there was one of those sign dancing guys on the corner for Cricket cell phones. I wanted to take a video of just him, but the disgruntled fellow in the Cadillac next to us wouldn't let us scootch forward without a fight. So - since fate is always in my court when I really really really least expect it, which is kind of unfortunate *grimace* - after he pulled away, probably mulling over whether to use acid or rat poison in his wife's coffee, another bike rider pulled up to the sign fellow. They started chatting, and just in time, I recorded them fist pumping and bike guy riding off into the sunset. Ah, such is the whimsical and charming part of Denver. The rest is smog and dry air and murderous allergies and loud, hateful, squeaky doors and scary people. 

If you move to Colorado, go to the mountains. Not Denver. Denver is really gross. Just nasty. Like *snakefish nasty

PS: Dear Fate, 

Why? 
 
You mock me, you dirty, cruel, vague wench. 
Just know that I've got my eye on you. *slips a few dollar bills into hand* Keep that for, you know, motivation. Remember: Oregon. That's it, yep, up near Washington and California. Near the water. Blue Mountains. Mmhmm. *wink* (whispered) You know what to do. *nod*

*Snakefish, or aka snakehead fish/snake fish/snake head fish are the devil equivalent of fish. Lemme 'splain why, you nincampoops. 

Exhibit A: Snakefish are as scary looking as that girl from The Grudge. Evidence of this is here  (if you have to pee, don't click. If you're drinking something, don't click. If you have heart issues, don't click. It's seriously evil), here (same goes; I won't be held responsible), and here. You can click that one no matter what, but it still will probably give you nightmares like it did for me. You think I'm kidding, yeah? No. It scared the pee out of me to think that walking fish with fangs and devil teeth were running after me. 

Exhibit B: Snakefish can walk. 

I will repeat. 

Snakefish

can 

walk. 

Yes, these smarmy bastard devils can walk, or at least the fish equivalent of walking. Don't believe me, jackanape? This is the wikipedia article on snakefish. It explains why they have a special place in hell for snakefish. Not only do they look like they're hiding in a dark alley and waiting to eat your soul, but they are also mobile. You know what that means.

Exhibit 3: THEY CAN MOTHER FREAKIN BREATHE EFFING OXYGEN. Holy monkey crap. We're all gonna die. They will eat your face off, run after your flailing body and be panting like a feral gorilla. In he wiki article, again, it explains how they can breathe. 

Exhibit Y: Snakeheads are the devil. 

Exhibit 47: Snakeheads kill other fish. Not just eat, but kill. They do it in cold blood, swimming up all creeper like and swallowing the thing whole. Imagine that. Just sitting on your couch, relaxing, watching Dog Whisperer and dreamily sighing at Cesar's cht!s and wondering how long it would take to rollerblade with a pack of dogs to LA and WTF?!??!!?!!?!?! You just got eaten, son.There's no way out of it. It's scarier getting out than getting in, so consider yourself lucky. You don't want to face that mother trucker alone. Can somebody say crap my pants?

So don't ever trust fish ever again. And if you see a snakehead, by all means, chop its head off. They're also an evil invasive species. Oh, and one female can lay up to 150,000 eggs in one sitting. Try going to sleep now. Just try. 


OHAMGOSH guess what else? We own all of the original Camelot movies on tape. And BAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHA the er uh AHAHAHAAAHAAAHAHHA original actors *high pitch and super giggly* HAHAHAHA are in Letters To Juliet. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, that really isn't funny, but I think it is, so zip it and be happy I warned you of the demon fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment