Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I had to be super stealthy to get my grubby little hands on the computer.

Parental: Hey, you wanna take  the poopsies out?

Me: Mmm?

Parental: Take the dogs out for me?

Me: What?

Parental: *sigh* You know.

Me: *sigh, stretch* Mayyybe.

Parental: Please?

Me: Mmmmm, mayyyybeeemmmno.

Parental: Mayyybe yes? Soon? Please?

Me: *squints eyes and raises eyebrows* Nooo?

Parental: Mmhmm, yeees?

Me: *squints eyes even more and raises eyebrows higher, as well as pitch of voice* Nooooo?

Parental: Yes.

Me: Hmmm... *strokes imaginary beard and gazes into space* Ummmm. *squinty eyes and super high eyebrows, high voice [this has to work. I'm not going outside. Mosquitoes. Grasshoppers. Creepy old neighbors and annoying little kids. No]) Noooooooo??? Please? Something else?

 http://www.wvah.com/programs/thirdrock/frenchstewart.jpg*

Parental: Yes? No? Fine. Dishes?

Me: God, you suck. Fine. I'll take the friggin' dogs. Or we can just give them away. Let's leave 'em at someone's house. They'll never notice, except for the minor loss of food and toilet bowl water. Yes! Yesyesyes! Let's do it!

Parental: Really? No. Go walk them.

*I abso-freaking-lutely love Third Rock From the Sun. In 2007, I think, when we were moving, we had this ginormous 3rd Rock marathon, renting from the library. It was flippin' sweet. And Joseph Gordon Levitt is awesome in Inception. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh this is why I don't have a pet because I stress out about the whole poop thing- makes me nervous, being in charge of cleaning and or letting out a dog to poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahaha. Exactly. I really dont know what I was thinking. I guess I was just like "I really like dogs and I've only ever had one once and I totally want one OHMYGODOHMYGOD dog pound!" And so it began. But nah, they're pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete